Wartime farm christmas special and the salvation army bring musical cheer to the occasion as the team reflect on the impact of what was to be the last christmas of the second world war. A brief look at what christmas was like in 1940 the second wartime christmas of the second world war and one when the people of britain were under fire using archive photos old newspaper . Christmas is today the biggest food event of the year and things were little different in the 1910s when abundant courses and elaborate french cuisine were de rigeurbut wartime from 1914 made things tricky and put a new moral emphasis on economy
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.