The hare one day laughing at the tortoise for his slowness and general unwieldiness was challenged by the latter to run a race the hare looking on the whole affair as a great joke consented and the fox was selected to act as umpire and hold the stakes. The tortoise and the hare from an edition of calebs fables illustrated by arthur rackham 1912 the tortoise and the hare is one of aesops fables and is numbered 226 in the perry index. The hare and the tortoise a hare one day ridiculed the short feet and slow pace of the tortoise who replied laughing though you be swift as the wind i will beat you in a race. The tortoise meanwhile kept going slowly but steadily and after a time passed the place where the hare was sleeping but the hare slept on very peacefully and when at last he did wake up the tortoise was near the goal
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.