Blue john also known as derbyshire spar is a semi precious mineral a form of fluorite with bands of a purple blue or yellowish colour in the uk it is found only at blue john cavern and treak cliff cavern at castleton in derbyshireduring the 19th century it was mined for its ornamental value and mining continues on a small scale deposits of fluorite have been recently found in china . 1 a fibrous or columnar variety of fluorite found in derbyshire england and used especially for vases. Derogatory term for skim milk the lack of fat in the milk makes it appear watery and blue tinged in color. Edward leonard fisher is a master craftman of blue john stone which is found only in one place in the world in castleton find out more about his craftwork
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.