The battle of hastings was fought on 14 october 1066 between the norman french army of william the duke of normandy and an english army under the anglo saxon king harold godwinson beginning the norman conquest of england. Oktober auf dem senlac hugel nordwestlich von hastings nahe der heutigen stadt battle stellung am morgen des 14 oktober traf das normannische heer vor dem hugel ein und begab sich in gefechtsordnung. King harold ii of england is defeated by the norman forces of william the conqueror at the battle of hastings fought on senlac hill seven miles from hastings england. Battle of hastings battle of hastings battle on october 14 1066 that ended in the defeat of harold ii of england by william duke of normandy and established the normans as the rulers of england learn more about the background and details of the battle of hastings in this article
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.